Senior Advisor – Carbon & Sustainability – NZ
Auckland and Nationwide
Join our team and experience BraveGen!
Help us, help companies, help save the world!
We are on a mission to help corporations deliver positive impact through Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) initiatives. We do this by providing the management software teams use measure and report their corporate carbon footprint and sustainability metrics.
Through BraveGen, teams have access to the data that both informs better decisions leading to greater outcomes and helps quantify those outcomes for reporting to internal and external stakeholders. This makes us a critical part of how companies focus their ESG efforts and tell their climate leadership story.
We need a switched-on and professional person to be focused on what makes our customers successful!
The purpose of the role is two-fold:
- Advisory: Provide expert advice on GHG protocols, ISO 14064 compliance, and corporate sustainability strategy to stakeholders at large corporate to enterprise clients in New Zealand. This includes guiding clients through materiality assessments, defining operational/organizational boundaries, and leading them through best practice emission inventory definition and data collection.
- Implementation: To oversee the process by which new customers are brought onto the BraveGen platform. Owning all onboarding activities for new customers and liaising between the customers and technical support to ensure the system is configured and deployed appropriately.
- Extremely comfortable with software and technology
- An excellent communicator who knows when to email, phone, or zoom
- Well organized and can lead projects with diverse stakeholders
- Comfortable building relationships with senior managers
- Adept at self-management and balancing priority items
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do the detailed work when required
- A minimum of five years’ work experience
- A friendly yet professional demeanour
- Proficient in applying the GHG protocol – including scope 2 and corporate value chain accounting guidance.
- Proficient in applying ISO 14064, ISAE 3410. PAS 2050, or equivalent
Additional experience in the following areas strongly desired
- Experience with corporate sustainability initiatives or change management
- Experience as a project manager or account manager
- Experience with software implementation, training, process development and roll-out, or business analysis
- Familiarity with non-financial reporting standards such as GRI, GRESB, IFRA, CarbonZero, CDP, or equivalent
- Work experience in a SME environment
You are particularly awesome in the following areas and when asked can provide specific examples from your past experience.
If you need more information on Core Competencies please see the full list at https://www.workforce.com/news/31-core-competencies-explained
These are minimum requirements to be a Rockstar in this role.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area. Keeps abreast of development in his/her field and is effective at applying expertise to solve a range of problems.
- Attention to Communication: You ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. You speak and write clearly and can adapt to the various communication styles of different people. You inform other of progress and problems, and encouraging consistent communication between third parties.
- Customer Orientation: You put the customer first, listening to their needs to then quickly and effectively solve their problems. You present a cheerful and positive manner but can have the hard conversations when required.
- Interpersonal Awareness: You notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others. You listen attentively to people’s ideas and find non-threatening way to make suggestions or approach sensitive topics.
- Forward Thinking: You can anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies. This includes reading situations or anticipating how individuals and groups will react to information and making plans accordingly.
- Self-Management: You have a “can-do” attitude and can effectively handle several problems. With a little guidance you are off and running, using good judgement to know when to check-in or ask for help.
If you are our ideal candidate, you will also be strong in the following areas
- Initiative: You do more than is required and are typically two steps ahead. You can quickly identify what the situation requires. While you are comfortable taking independent actions, you do seek out others to understand their perspective when appropriate.
- Managing Change: You are open to personal change and continually strive to do things differently and better. You assist others through change by facilitating creative thinking, managing an orderly change process, and building personal rapport with those who may resist or feel anxious.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: You support and recognize the efforts of others, helping where you can. You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Flexibility: You are open to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
We are growing and our industry is undergoing a transformation. We are actively looking for ways to improve our internal systems and processes to deliver even better customer outcomes. This is a role for someone who challenges the status quo, wants to be part of building something, who can think laterally and creatively, and is comfortable with change.
This is an opportunity to strive for more and help determine the direction of a company that sees itself as a forcing function for change.
We are open to part-time or full-time, but a minimum of 20-hrs a week. We are flexible on when the work gets done but, you need to be reasonably contactable within general business hours.
We are mostly working from home or remotely. We are open to applications from anywhere in New Zealand.
BraveGen is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for environmental compliance, health & safety and sustainability data management and reporting. Founded in 2007, BraveGen supports more than 200 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to listed companies across New Zealand and internationally.
BraveGen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at BraveGen are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We are members of the Sustainable Business Council (SBC), have signed the Climate Leaders Coalition (CLC) 2017 pledge, and recently joined the Climate and Energy Professionals of New Zealand (CEP).
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
How to Apply
We want someone who pays attention to detail and is comfortable with technology. We also do most of our business over video and want to see if you can be professional on camera.
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated CV – ideally not more than 2-pages.
- A video cover letter – Grab your phone or laptop and shoot a short video introduction. Tell us a little about yourself with an example from your past experience where you demonstrated one of the core competencies. Post the video online (youtube, vimeo, vidyard, etc.) and send us the link (and password if required). No bonus points for fancy visuals or editing.
Please use the button to apply. Include your CV and the link to your video